The Earth Accord is an agreement between the planet and its inhabitants. It gives legal representation to the Earth that is upheld by the Earth Cities in solidarity. Earth cities are the custodians of territories protected under this new agreement and are responsible for the health and integrity of the land, water and air.
The agreement also presents a new set of laws that protects both the planet and its citizens. Any disregard of the environment or its wildlife is an aggression towards all peoples of the planet and is subject to legal action by the Earth cities. Any legal document or treaty which precedes this agreement that threatens the sovereignty of a protected territory and its peoples has no jurisdiction. Any person, state or institution that is negligent towards the laws and threatens the sovereignty of a protected territory and its peoples will bare full responsibility and liability to amending the damage.
Outline of the Laws
1. 100% renewable green energy.
2. No chemicals or pollutants may enter the environment.
3. Human rights protection.
4. Responsible Resource management.
5. No standing army or manufacturing of arms.
6. Fair and equal trade.
7. An elected secular government with no centralized power.
8. An economic model focused on SPI (social progress index) not GDP (gross domestic product)